Thursday, March 31, 2011

Pillows! An Easy Spring Update





 Spring is here and I think we all want a quick, easy, and inexpensive way to update our rooms.  One good way is to add new pillows or change out the ones we have.  I'll show you some of my favorites right now.


I prefer a clean look now, especially for the warmer months.  I have two of these on my sofa at home and they are perfect.









Get rid of the heavily trimmed and tasseled look like two above.  I still love a nice needlepoint pillow like this one, but not for spring and summer decorating.




Turquoise and spa-blues are still on my love list and they look great on cream or white-slipcovered furniture. Large-scale center motifs are very current and fresh looking.


Two hot trends combined in one pillow; suzani motif and purple.



I love this look.  Light upholstery and bleached wood finish punched up with a killer pillow.


How about this for a spring look?  Such a cute little pillow appliqued with a dragonfly.



I used the dragonfly pillow in this teen girl's bedroom.  She loved it!




Or maybe this sweet little bee pillow.




I love this cute little French scooter pillow.



So go forth!  Get yourself some stylish new pillows and inject some fresh air into your home!

1 comment:

The French Hutch said...

Carol, Love your fresh spring look using or recycling our pillows. I love the whimsy of the French scooter pillow, adorable. Think its time for me to look at new pillow covers. Thanks for showing us some great options.
Stop by and say hello anytime.

~Emily
The French Hutch